Friday, March 25, 2011
Find The Right Plan For You
Diets low in carbohydrates, high in protein, containing grapefruit juice ... If you've decided to lose weight, no shortage of choice! How to make an informed choice among all options available to you?
Losing weight is not easy. This Clarifys the appeal of programs that promise easy weight loss. Too often however, diets that tout quick weight loss lead to a resumption of weight lost or increase extra weight. To lose weight safely, efficiently and above all sustainable, a diet must include two essential elements:
* A permanent change in eating habits.
* The practice of regular physical exercise, and not just when you feel like it.
These two elements are not found in the diets always touting a rapid weight loss.
Here are some tips to help you recognize the utopian schemes thinness:
* They promise results unrealistic. To lose weight safely, we must not lose more than 1 kg (2 lb) per week. If you lose weight faster, your body may compensate by burning fewer calories, which will slow your weight loss. In addition, you'll tend to increase weight more easily once you have resumed your normal eating habits.
* They need the purchase of products, supplements or special foods. The foods you need to lose weight in a reasonable manner - a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and low fat dairy products - are all available in the grocery store. Dieting is not necessarily expensive.
* They eliminate food and even food groups. By eliminating certain foods, you may have a deficiency of vitamins or essential nutrients.
* They need strict adherence to a program designed to advance. Unless the program takes into account your preferences and your personal lifestyle, the less it will be easy to join. In addition, the program must reflect the nutritional needs specific to you, depending on your age, your activity level and your health.