Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Bridge Exercise Troubleshooting
* Do not let your hips drop too low as the lumbar region would experience
* Make sure not to lift the hips too high, because too much of your weight is
transferred to your shoulders.
* Do not hold your breath. Make an expiratory movement from the abdomen by
contracting your abdominal muscles as much as you can.
* STOP if you feel pain in the lumbar region. It may be that you do not have the strength needd to accomplish this type of movement. Strengthen your abdominal muscles by means of appropriate exercises for these muscles. Try the deck from time to time, you can integrate it into your regular exercise program when you can do without pain.
* Use caution when executeing this exercise if you have any problems with the shoulders and lumbar region.
Remember to set an achievable goal and you will be pleased to see that you are making progress and your strength improves.