Monday, June 13, 2011
We can all benefit from crunches. The group of muscles that involves is the key to good posture and overall strength. Everything starts here.
How do the crunches
* Lie on the floor, back on a carpet.
* Place your hands behind your head to support your neck.
* Lift your shoulder blades as much as you can.
* Hold the contraction for a moment then slowly lower your shoulders in a
* Repeat this movement 20 times, then relax and repeat three times at most,
if your fitness level allows.
* Execute this exercise 3 times during the following week if you rank among
the startners and more experienced people can make up to 5 times.
* Support the weight of your head with your hands. You should not try to lift
yourself with your arms.
* Do not hold your breath during the exercises - the oxygen is used as fuel for
* Do as many repetitions as you can the first time and try to improve
thereafter. Do not worry if you can not execute the recommended number.