Thursday, June 2, 2011
Customize each exercise to your level and leave those who bother you. These exercises are most effective if executeed several times a day. They provide excellent stretch breaks at work.
* Neck rotation: Sit or stand. Turn your head to one side then the other, without moving your shoulders or upper back. Hold each position for 3 or 5 seconds, repeat 3 or 5 times each side.
* Turnover shoulders: Roll your shoulders up and backward in a circular motion. Repeat 5-10 times.
* Lowering the chin: Sit with your back straight and looking straight ahead, slowly lower your chin (like making a double chin). Hold for 5-10 seconds, then relax your chin.
* Squeeze shoulder blades: With your arms at the sides, bend elbows to 90 degrees. Squeeze your shoulder blades by pushing downwards and backwards. Do not let the lower back to arch or head move forward. Hold for 5-10 seconds, repeat 5-10 times.
* Stretch pectoral (chest): Press one forearm aincreasest a wall or door. The elbow should be at the same height as the shoulder. Turn the body away from your arm. You should feel a stretch in the front of the shoulder, extending to the chest. Hold 20-30 seconds. Repeat 1 or 2 times each side.