Saturday, June 4, 2011
Exercises : Lower Back and Legs
The lower back and legs
* Abdominals: Sit with buttocks pressed aincreasest the back of your chair, tighten your abdominal muscles by pulling them toward your spine (flatten them and avoid pushing them outward). Keep your chest relaxed and continue to breathe normally while tightening your abs for 10 seconds. Repeat 5-10 times.
* Hamstring stretch: Sit with buttocks pressed aincreasest the back of your chair, straighten your knee and hold your right leg, you feel a stretch in the back of the leg. To stretch more, point your toes toward you. Hold 20-30 seconds. Repeat 1-2 times for each leg.
* Extension of the lower back: Stand up, feet apart and hands resting on the lower back. Lean gently backward, leaving your back bend without straining. Rest 2-3 seconds, then repeat 1-3 times.
The arms and hands
* Stretch the wrist extensor: Raise your arm and hold it in front of you, palm facing down, bend the wrist downward. Place your other hand on the fingers and gently press down until you feel a stretch at the wrist and forearm. To accentuate the effect, close the loose fist. Hold 5 to 10 seconds, repeat 2 or 3 times each side.
* Stretch wrist flexors: Raise your arm and hold it in front of you, palm up, bend your wrist backward, fingers pointing down. With the other hand, pull fingers back to increase the pressure. Hold 5 to 10 seconds, repeat 2 or 3 times.